Anyway...now it is summer and I am happy to say that I am enjoying time at home with my family and friends. I am still looking at blogs and doing some summer reading for school and of course thinking about this coming school year.
Here is what is happening at my school:
- We are going from 25 students to 30+ kids in our classrooms
- Our students are only in school for 3 hours and 20 minutes
- We are having yet another new Principal (yet to be hired)
- Not sure if we will be AM/PM and sharing classrooms or getting our own rooms and staggering the day with early and late start
- Starting RTI (if the new Principal wants us to)
- Using Aims Web as the universal screener (again if the New Principal wants that)
- Having 2 new teachers on our K Team of 4 (this past year we had 4 new teachers who were sadly laid off) These 2 new teachers for this year are coming from other grades at our school
I guess that really isn't a lot of new things, but it all feels very "up in the air" for me. I am waiting anxiously to see if I will have my own room or if I will be sharing. That will make a difference on how I arrange my room and set things up.
Do any of you have your own classroom and stagger the start times so you can have smaller groups at either end of the day? If so, how do you like that schedule? Do you feel it is helpful for your students? I would really appreciate any feedback you have.
I hope you are all enjoying your summer and are getting recharged. I will be attending the Vegas "I Teach K!" conference for the first time. Just for 2 days, but I am really excited! I am so happy that the blogger meet-up is on the night I am there. It will be so fun! I hope to learn a lot of new stuff and add some to my blog!
My daughter just told me this new Pete book will be out in September! Love it!