Anyway...I hope to post weekly and share some ideas and things that I am doing in my classroom. So many changes at my school that it is very overwhelming, but exciting!
Here are a few of the newset things I am doing:
- I am using Aimsweb for benchmark assessments and just starting to progress monitor several of my low babies. Lots of work, but so meaningful!
- I have 2 ipads in my room now and I am loving apps like Reading Raven, Teach Me Kindergarten, Monkey Math and ABCMOUSE.com
- I am using ABCMOUSE.com in the classroom and have sent invites to my students so they can use it at home. What an awesome site!
- I am doing Debbie Diller style Literacy Workstations. My students work in pairs and I love it for the most part. They are getting much more independent and I am ready to begin Guided Reading and small group work.
- I used Sign-up Genius for conference sign-ups and I loved it and so did my parents!
- We just got on board with Gmail as a district and that was a big change.
- New principal, new kinder partner (we still share a classroom and do AM/PM) 30 students
- Our District is beginning to put pressure on us for beginning Common Core (I know we are behind!)
- Rumors have begun that we will be adopting Treasures for next year and I am both scared and excited. (any thoughts on Treasures would be greatly appreciated!)
So much new stuff and yet I am loving my class and my job!
I just got a new Windows 8 laptop with a touchscreen so I can do my assessments on the go. It is really cool!!!!
Well, thanks for reading my post and I hope to get back into posting photos and such soon. I use so many wonderful products from bloggers and I hope to share links to their work.